DT: NOVEMBER 16, 2023
FM: KELLY WALSH, MITCH SCHNEIDER / SRO PR
BETTER NOISE MUSIC
“BEST OF BETTER NOISE MUSIC 2023” LIST
CELEBRATING THE #1 MAINSTREAM ROCK AIRPLAY LABEL’S
TOP-CHARTING RELEASES, REISSUES AND SINGLES INCLUDING
FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, ASKING ALEXANDRIA, DIRTY HEADS, BAD WOLVES, FROM ASHES TO NEW, THE HU AND MORE…
BETTER NOISE MUSIC (BNM)—the leading global rock independent music label founded in 2006 by music industry veteran and independent pioneer Allen Kovac—are celebrating a successful 2023 and have highlighted the top releases from their powerhouse roster below.
Named Billboard’s #1 Mainstream Rock Airplay Label and #1 Mainstream Rock Airplay Imprint of 2022 (for the fifth year in a row), BNM’s roster consists of many of mainstream rock’s top and up-and-coming acts including FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, ASKING ALEXANDRIA, BAD WOLVES, and NOTHING MORE.
Better Noise Music CEO Dan Waite comments:
“2023 has been a very exciting year for Better Noise, once again we have had number one albums, number one radio hits and critically acclaimed tracks and albums from our artists. Which is a testament to the A&R and marketing set up at Better Noise. Our branding statement is ‘the artist development company,’ and we work in partnership with our artists to maximize their potential and take them to the next level. We have some exciting new signings to announce in 2024 so stay tuned and follow us on our socials so you don’t miss discovering your next favorite track.”
BETTER NOISE MUSIC: BEST OF 2023 INCLUSIONS:
- ASKING ALEXANDRIA – WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?
- BAD WOLVES – DIE ABOUT IT
- FROM ASHES TO NEW – BLACKOUT
- DIRTY HEADS – MIDNIGHT CONTROL
- THE HU – RUMBLE OF THUNDER: DELUXE VERSION
- NOTHING MORE – SPIRITS-DELUXE VERSION
- THE FUNERAL PORTRAIT – SOUNDS FROM BEYOND THE ABYSS (VOL.1)
- HYRO THE HERO – BOUND FOR GLORY
- TEMPT – TEMPT
- EVA UNDER FIRE – LOVE, DRUGS & MISERY – DELUXE VERSION
- FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH – F8 (REISSUE)
- CROSSBONE SKULLY – “THE BOOM WENT THE BOOM (FEAT. PHIL COLLEN OF DEF LEPPARD)”
- FINISH TICKET – “CHANGING”
BETTER NOISE MUSIC: BEST OF 2023 “ALBUMS & EPS”
ASKING ALEXANDRIA – WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE? (August 25)
Stream/ Download/ Buy: https://askingalexandria.ffm.to/wdwgfh
Brit metal heroes Asking Alexandria dive into their deep bag of influences for an accomplished and gripping eighth studio offering … veering from blast furnace metalcore to surprisingly deft melodic arrangements with apparent ease.”
– Kerrang! (8/22)
- Gold-certified British rockers ASKING ALEXANDRIA landed their second-ever #1 Active Rock radio-charting single with WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE’s “Psycho” which has over 10 million streams and 1.1 million views for its action-packed music video; watch it HERE. The song relays the feeling of being trapped inside one’s own head and feeling like you’re going through a psychotic break trying to keep afloat despite internal vices, current global affairs, social media indulgences and expectations, and so much more of the tumultuousness of the present-day world we live in.
- The band spent the summer and fall on a co-headlining tour with The HU across the U.S. including stops at Rocklahoma, Louder than Life and Blue Ridge Rock Festival, performing new music from the album including “Psycho” and previously released tracks “Dark Void” and “Bad Blood.”
- The group returns stateside in Spring 2024 at several radio festivals with additional dates announcing soon.
BAD WOLVES – DIE ABOUT IT (November 3)
Stream / Download / Buy: https://badwolves.ffm.to/dieaboutit
“The band is gifted in fusing heavy riffs, radio-friendly melodies, and unique musical prowess. ‘Die About It’ is arguably their best album.”
– Brutal Planet Mag (10/30)
- Platinum-certified, 5x #1 Hard Rock radio-charting group BAD WOLVES experiment with new and trademark sounds on their defiant new 13-track album, DIE ABOUT IT.
- To celebrate the album’s release, BAD WOLVES have just kicked off a winter tour with rock icons Bush alongside labelmates Eva Under Fire. See all upcoming dates HERE.
- The album’s first official radio single “Legends Never Die” is currently in the Top 15 Active Rock radio charts and has received over 2 million streams and 400k video views to date; watch it HERE. The song is a touching memorial dedicated to lost loved ones, friends, idols who will be immortalized in the memories of those they left behind.
FROM ASHES TO NEW – BLACKOUT (July 28)
Stream / Download / Buy: https://fatn.ffm.to/blackoutalbum
“‘Blackout’ thrives on electronics, heavy riffs, big hooks, screams and rhymes… Overall, the album is a perfectly good serving of mosh-pit-ready hard rock.”
– Riff Magazine (7/23)
- 21st century rock vanguards FROM ASHES TO NEW’s breakthrough album BLACKOUT debuted in its first week of release with seven #1 iTunes Metal albums chartings and four #1 iTunes Rock albums placements including four dual #1’s globally.
- BLACKOUT saw the band achieve two Top 10-charting rock radio singles “Hate Me Too,” which peaked at #8 on Mediabase charts, and their latest anthemic single “Nightmare” is currently at #6. The band teamed up with acclaimed director Jensen Noen (Falling In Reverse, Bring Me The Horizon) on their “Monster In Me” music video which has over 970k views to date; watch it HERE.
- The Lancaster, PA-based group have spent 2023 vigorously touring with acts such as Shinedown, Three Days Grace, Bullet For My Valentine, In This Moment, Motionless In White, and Fit For A King and at festivals including Sonic Temple, Inkcarceration Festival, and Welcome To Rockville. They will end the year with a headlining tour across the U.S from November 21 to December 16 featuring support acts The Word Alive, Catch Your Breath and Ekoh. See dates HERE.
DIRTY HEADS – MIDNIGHT CONTROL
(Original Version released on vinyl June 16 + Deluxe version released digitally on July 14)
Stream/Download the deluxe version: https://dirtyheads.ffm.to/midnightcontroldeluxe
Buy original version first-pressing vinyl: https://shop.bandwear.com/collections/dirty-heads-shop-e7f7m/products/dir030
- SoCal alternative rock band DIRTY HEADS released the digital deluxe release of their 2022 album Midnight Control on July 14. It featured an additional 14 tracks to the original 10-track album including a new acoustic version of their hit single “Rescue Me” which spent the entire month of August at #1 on the Alternative radio charts. The album also had its first-ever vinyl pressing on June 16.
- DIRTY HEADS appeared on national TV performing on NBC’s “The Today Show” on July 17 performing their Top 5 hit “Life’s Been Good”—their take on the Joe Walsh original song–which has been streamed over 30 million times since its release in May of 2022.
- The band spent the summer of their “Island Glow Summer Tour” with featured support from both Yelawolf and Lupe Fiasco on separate legs.
THE HU – RUMBLE OF THUNDER: DELUXE VERSION
Stream/ Download/ Buy: https://thehu.ffm.to/rumblethunderdeluxe
“stadium-sized metal riffs and thunderous vocal melodies”
– Revolver Magazine
- Globally acclaimed Mongolian rock sensation THE HU released a deluxe version on digital download, cd and limited-edition vinyl of their 2022 sophomore album RUMBLE OF THUNDER. It included seven new tracks and guest appearances from William DuVall of Alice In Chains, Serj Tankian (System of A Down), DL of Bad Wolves, and international solo artist LP (Laura Pergolizzi).
- The UNESCO’s “Artist For Peace” 2022 designees spent the summer and fall rousing fans across the U.S. with their exotic live show on a co-headlining U.S. tour with labelmates Asking Alexandria followed by a headlining tour across the West Coast.
NOTHING MORE – SPIRITS-DELUXE VERSION (September 8)
Stream/ Download: https://nothingmore.ffm.to/spiritdeluxe
“They continue to dominate airwaves and festivals with their cavalcade of infectious anthems and emotional hymns for the modern age… With its incredibly powerful utilization of Hawkins’ range, the detailed orchestration of each track for maximum effect and the poignancy of the messaging and intention throughout the album, ‘Spirits’ makes its mark as one of Nothing More’s best works.“
– Cryptic Rock (10/14/22)
- 3x-Grammy-nominated and Gold-certified rock act NOTHING MORE released the deluxe version of their critically acclaimed 2022 album SPIRITS. It features six bonus tracks including three live recordings—the first-ever live releases from the group—captured from their sold-out headlining concert at Irving Plaza in NYC.
- The album included a feature from Lacey Sturm of Flyleaf on “Best Times (Acoustic Version)” who joined them as direct support on their headlining show in Dallas, TX at The Factory on September 25 and performed it live with the band.
THE FUNERAL PORTRAIT – SOUNDS FROM BEYOND THE ABYSS (VOL.1) (October 13)
Stream / Download: https://thefuneralportrait.ffm.to/sfbtavol1
- Emo rock outfit THE FUNERAL PORTRAIT cater to their spooky side, having released their digital EP SOUNDS FROM THE ABYSS (VOL. 1) just in time for Halloween this year. It featured their two breakthrough covers of goth/horror cult songs “Mad World” (Tears For Fears) and “Creep” (Radiohead).
- The band held several “devotion ceremonies” this year, delivering their theatrical presentation to their dedicated fanbase, the ‘Coffin Crew,’ on the Emo Dreams tour with Icon For Hire, Conquer Divide and Concrete Castles and opening for Ice Nine Kills at their Silver Scream horror convention concert.
HYRO THE HERO – BOUND FOR GLORY (September 15)
Stream / Download / Buy: https://hyrothehero.ffm.to/boundforglory
“The album itself is 12 tracks that span 37 minutes of brilliance… get ready to be blown away by screams, huge dreams and even bigger guitars.”
– Rock N’ Load Mag (9/12)
- HYRO THE HERO showcases his hybrid blend of hip-hop and hard rock spiked with punk on his sophomore full-length album BOUND FOR GLORY released September 15. The album features collaborations with some of the leading names in rock including David Draiman (Disturbed), Brandon Saller (Atreyu), Chad Gray (HELLYEAH), Spencer Charnas and Dan Sugarman (Ice Nine Kills), REDDSTAR, AJ (Fire From The Gods) and Markus Videsäter (Solence).
- Born and raised in Houston, TX, HYRO celebrated 713 Day (Houston Day) with the release of his version of Busta Rhymes’ classic track “Woo Hah! Got You All In Check”; watch the video HERE.
TEMPT – TEMPT (August 25)
Stream / Download / Buy: https://tempt.ffm.to/temptalbum
“Tempt sound like all your favorite high-charting hard-rocking bands from the 80s, but retooled for the Tik-Tok generation…With shades of everyone from Loverboy to The Killers to The Weeknd, this is proper, life-affirming, 21st-century stuff: Gen-X songwriting muscle, Gen-Z production head.”
– Classic Rock (8/2023)
- NYC’s four-piece powerhouse TEMPT dropped their self-titled debut album August 25. Produced and mixed by renowned 5X Grammy Award winner, Chris Lord-Alge (Harry Styles, Foo Fighters, Muse), the album features 11 captivating tracks fusing Gen X songwriting muscle and Gen Z production finesse to redefine the rock genre for a new generation.
- TEMPT‘s stage presence and music have garnered praise worldwide. They’ve shared arena stages with iconic acts like Iron Maiden, Shinedown, Alter Bridge and Theory Of A Deadman. They’ve even rocked the legendary Madison Square Garden while supporting none other than Bon Jovi.
EVA UNDER FIRE – LOVE, DRUGS & MISERY – DELUXE VERSION (September 22)
Stream / Download: https://evaunderfire.ffm.to/lovedrugsmiserydeluxe
- Detroit-based rock outfit EVA UNDER FIRE celebrated the one-year anniversary of their critically acclaimed debut full-length album LOVE, DRUGS & MISERY with the deluxe edition that was issued September 22.
- Includes focus track with Better Noise Music labelmate, country rocker CORY MARKS, “Unstoppable”; watch the official music video HERE.
- EVA UNDER FIRE will release the first-ever vinyl pressing of the original album on December 8.
- Currently on the road alongside Bad Wolves with British rock mainstays BUSH throughout December; dates HERE.
BETTER NOISE MUSIC: BEST OF 2023 “REISSUES & SINGLES”
FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH – F8 (REISSUE)
“THE BEST RECORD OF THEIR CAREER”
– Metal Hammer
- Multi-platinum hard rock powerhouse, FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH released a Limited-Edition Gold Vinyl Reissue of their eighth studio album F8 along with releasing it for the first time ever on cassette.
- F8 debuted in 2020 at #1 on rock charts around the world with Top 10 Mainstream chart debuts in the USA, Austria, Australia, Canada, Finland, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK and more. It featured four #1 hit singles “Inside Out”, “A Little Bit Off”, “Living The Dream” and “Darkness Settles In”.
- Band will celebrate the 10th Anniversary of The Wrong Side of Heaven and the Righteous Side of Hell, Volume 1 & Volume 2 with a Limited-Edition Vinyl 6LP Box Set scheduled for release on December 1. It will also be available digitally. Pre-order now HERE.
- The Platinum-certified The Wrong Side of Heaven and the Righteous Side of Hell, Volume 1 was released in 2013 and debuted at #2 on the U.S. Billboard 200 charts. The single “Wrong Side of Heaven” has become the band’s biggest hit and honors military and veterans and was released in partnership with various veteran PTSD organizations around the country. Its video has been viewed over 400 million times to date.
- The Gold-certified The Wrong Side of Heaven and the Righteous Side of Hell, Volume 2 was released later in 2013 and matched its predecessor by charting #2 on Billboard 200 while also charting #1 on Top Rock Albums. Both volumes were produced by Five Finger Death Punch and Grammy-nominated Kevin Churko (Ozzy Osbourne, In This Moment).
CROSSBONE SKULLY – “THE BOOM WENT THE BOOM (FEAT. PHIL COLLEN OF DEF LEPPARD)”
Stream / Download: https://crossboneskully.ffm.to/tbwtb
- Tommy Henriksen (guitarist and musical director for Alice Cooper’s band & member of Hollywood Vampires) has shared the second single from the debut album from his new project CROSSBONE SKULLY, “The Boom Went The Boom” featuring Phil Collen of Def Leppard; watch the music video HERE.
- Legendary producer Mutt Lange emerged from retirement to executive produce the album and was reunited with Collen on this track after having produced and co-wrote several of Def Leppard’s monumental albums.
- CROSSBONE SKULLY enlists Johnny Depp and a “who’s who” of rock musicians on the album including Alice Cooper, Joe Perry, Nikki Sixx, and Kane Roberts, along with album recording artists Jamie Muhoberac (My Chemical Romance, John Mayer, Seal), bassist Chris Wyse (Hollywood Vampires, Ace Frehley, the Cult, Ozzy Osbourne), drummer Glen Sobel (Alice Cooper, Hollywood Vampires), the late UFO bassist Pete Way, producer/mixer Mike Plotnikoff (AC/DC, Aerosmith), and mixer Olle Romo (Muse, Bryan Adams).
FINISH TICKET – “CHANGING”
Stream / Download: https://finishticket.ffm.to/changing
- Bay Area staple alt pop group FINISH TICKET shared their first new music following their signing to Better Noise Music with the single “Changing” and will release their second full-length album in 2024.
- The band performed at Lollapalooza this summer and have previously opened for the likes of Ed Sheeran, Twenty One Pilots, Fall Out Boy, and AWOLNATION along with previous festival appearances at Bonnaroo, Life Is Beautiful, and Kaboo and a late-night TV performance on “Late Night With Conan O’Brien.”
ABOUT BETTER NOISE MUSIC
BETTER NOISE MUSIC is the premiere independent music label under BETTER NOISE ENTERTAINMENT, a content creation, and marketing company that produces music, books, films, documentaries, TV shows, theatrical productions, and tours. Better Noise Music founded in 2006 by music industry veteran and independent pioneer Allen Kovac, focuses on artist development and has grown into a music industry independent powerhouse, with a roster including Five Finger Death Punch, Asking Alexandria, Bad Wolves, Dirty Heads, Nothing More, The HU, From Ashes To New, Cory Marks, and Fire From The Gods. Partnering with FUGA, AMPED, and Membran, the company operates a global marketing and distribution platform with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Berlin, Toronto, and Sydney. The label was named Billboard’s #1 Mainstream Rock Airplay Label and #1 Mainstream Rock Airplay Imprint of 2022. The label has made history by ranking as the #1 Mainstream Rock Airplay Imprint for five years in a row (2018-2022).